Translate

Tuesday

Nicolas Cage Talks The Croods And Why Tim Burton's Superman Didn't Fly

The 49-year-old actor has had a prolific career that’s included an Oscar win and four Razzie nominations. He recently played a caveman in animated film The Croods.

Is it true that before he asked you to play a cowardly Neanderthal, Croods producer Jeffrey Katzenberg had asked you to voice Shrek? Yeah, and I’d said: ‘I don’t want to look like that guy.’ Now I wish I had done it. When he showed me pictures of Grug and said: ‘You see how I see you, Nicolas? What do you think of that?’ I had enough presence of mind not to say anything but yes.

Did you see yourself the way he did? No, I have trouble with the idea of living in fear. That’s never been who I am. Grug is an overprotective father and takes it too far, to the point where his family feel like they’re surviving, not living. But any father who cares about the ones he loves is going to worry. I have those feelings too.

What are the two biggest risks you have taken personally and professionally? Did they pay off? Well, in both cases I have no regrets. And yes, in terms of emotional wisdom, I guess they paid off. In my work, the risk was to be a dramatic actor who’s acting like an action hero and that was a challenge because no one thought I could do it. And if you say I can’t do something, I have to do it. And in my personal life, I have been a romantic and I have followed my heart. That can get one into trouble as we all know, three marriages later.

Read the full interview here:  http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/10/nicolas-cage-i-dont-take-criticism-seriously-and-i-dont-take-praise-seriously-both-would-be-a-mistake-4223576/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil